Who is responsible for the protection of collected data?
The Syndicat d’Initiative-Bruxelles Promotion (SIBP), whose offices are located at: rue de la Chapelle, 17, 1000 Bruxelles (BCE 419.749.543), hereinafter ‘SIBP’ or ‘We’ / ‘Us’.
Contact Us at: [email protected]
SIBP is a not-for-profit association; it organizes the annual Brussels 20K Race. In the process of organizing the Race, SIBP collects and uses certain personal information (hereinafter ‘Data’). SIBP is committed to respecting not only Belgian national legislation governing the collection and use of Data, but also and equally EU Regulation 2016/679, commonly referred to as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Visitors to the Site (hereinafter ‘Visitors’);
- Brussels 20K Race participants, past and current, and their families (hereinafter ‘Participants’);
- Leaders of participating teams (hereinafter ‘Team Leaders’);
- Agents or other persons of contact representing our sponsors or suppliers (hereinafter ‘Suppliers’);
- Any person of contact affiliated with the press agencies which follow our activities (hereinafter ‘The Press’).
What Data will be collected and how?
The Data gathered by SIBP vary depending on the relationship of an individual to the Race, as described above.
We will collect the following Data:
- Visitors’ Data will be collected automatically each time they use the Site, and We will gather any information volunteered in connection with a request for contact or information;
- Participants’ full names, sex, date of birth, nationality, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, state of health, language(s), race times and images (photographs or videos);
- Team leaders’ full names, sex, date of birth, nationality, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, state of health, language(s), race times and images (photographs or videos), team name, group code and password along with the same information relative to the team members;
- Suppliers’ full names and professional contact information, including company name, their positions and functions within the company, the company’s address and their mobile telephone numbers;
- Members of the Press will be asked for their full names and professional contact information, including company name, their positions and functions, the company’s address and their mobile telephone numbers;
The Data we use are collected directly from you, your Team Leader, your company or, when necessary, through public sources (members of the Press).
Images, both still and video, may also be taken by private Suppliers within the guidelines of the GDPR and in respect of every individual’s rights with regard to the protection of their image.
SIBP uses GOOGLE ANALYTICS, which makes it possible to gather real-time information on how the Site is being used and by how many people.
When you visit our home page you will be asked to consent to our using cookies. If you do not consent to their use, you will still be able access the public pages on the Site, but certain functions will be limited or unavailable.
You can find more information about how Google uses your information here: www.google.com/intl/fr/policies/privacy/partners/.
You will find links to social media on our Site. They will allow you to access the various social media. Social media, such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook may collect data about your internet activity. We recommend you verify the privacy and cookies policies of each of those media’s sites in order to ascertain exactly how they use your information, how to refuse them access to your information and how to delete such information.
What is the legal basis for our use of your Data?
The legal justifications for the use of personal Data are:
- With regard to Visitors: SIBP’s own interests in terms of the smooth operation of its Site and of its activities in the context of a contact request;
- For Participants and Team Leaders: the execution of the contract resulting from the Participant’s registration in the Race, the protection of the interests of both the Participant and SIBP during the Race, the formal consent of the Participant when he informs SIBP of his state of health and authorizes the taking of photos and videos of his participation;
- For Suppliers: the execution of any contract with SIBP;
- For the Press: SIBP’s legitimate self-interest in the promotion of its activities.
Our Purposes: Why do we collect your Data?
Your Data are collected and used by SIBP for the following purposes:
- The smooth running of the race;
- Dissemination of information and promotion of the event;
- The posterity of the event
Transfer of Data: Accessibility and Communication
Our staff members have access to your Data on a strict need-to-know basis and for the purposes described above.
Third party companies handle certain Data in carrying out technical services which are necessary to the execution of SIBP’s services and activities. These operations are always carried out in the name of and on behalf of SIBP, which assumes full responsibility for them, in respect of contracts ensuring the protection of the data. Thus, SIBP may transfer your Data, when necessary, to:
- Photographers or companies who make videos of the race;
- External IT companies responsible for developing the Application and/or for updating or hosting the Site;
- External accounting or consulting services.
Beyond the above, SIBP will not disclose your Data or transfer them to third parties unless such transfer is required by a competent judicial or administrative authority.
Your rights: Access to, rectification or deletion of the information collected.
You have various rights with respect to the Data we hold. We would like to inform you that you have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your Data and to request, at any time and at no cost, a copy of the personal information we store in our databases. We may require proof of identification before granting your request.
- request that we update the Data about you that we hold or correct Data that you consider to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- request that we delete your Data or restrict the way we use your Data if you consider that there is no or no longer a legal justification for our holding or processing them.
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (to the extent that processing is based on such consent).
- receive a copy of the Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and readable format and to transmit such Data to another party or Data user (to the extent that the processing is based on consent or contract).
- oppose the processing of your Data for which we rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis; in such a case, we will stop the processing unless we have legitimate and compelling reasons for processing.
You also have the right to object at any time to the use of your Data for direct marketing purposes (information about the Brussels 20K Race).
Managing your account
As part of your registration for the 20 km, we invite you to check the security of your computer and network. SIBP cannot be held liable for any breach that occurs as a result of security failings on your end.
Information and network security.
SIBP makes every effort to protect your Data in the best possible way. These measures include, but are not limited to, informing staff of their confidentiality obligations as well as technological security measures.
Storage of your Data
How long we store your Data depends on your relationship with the Race. If the Data are collected under a contract, we will delete the Data within five years of the end of the contract.
However, due to the specific nature of our activity and its connection with the history of Brussels, we keep Participants’ Data for a long period of time, i.e. throughout the lifetime of our association. Nevertheless, we will delete your Data at any time upon request, no questions asked.
Keep abreast of changes
If you wish to exercise one of the rights mentioned above, report a problem encountered on any of our applications, or if you need specific assistance or wish to send a comment, you may contact us by one of the various means mentioned below:
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- By post: rue de la Chapelle, 17, 1000 Brussels
- By telephone: + 32.2.511.90.00.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you consider that we do not treat your Data with the proper care and respect. You can also contact the Data Protection Authority directly and file a complaint:
- Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Bruxelles
- +32 (0)2 274 48 00